Wednesday 19 August 2009

Tesco.com TJAM - The Video

Here is a 4-minute YouTube-hosted music video of what happened at our recent TJAM event.

A ''draft' version of this video was shown to the developers at the start of the evening event. Time and a spot of decent re-editing has made the video smoother and more interesting (I hope...).

You can either watch the video here, or (better) click on the video image to watch it in a bigger window on YouTube (press the 'HQ 'buttton for better quality playback if watching on YouTube).



My music choice for this video is an edited version of a Utah Saints track - they have remixed Kate Bush's lyric "I just know that something good is going to happen". See what I did there?

So my music collection is over-influenced by the Gaydar Radio playlist. Whatever!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nick, Great video from a great day. We're developing 2 of the 800 ideas so only 798 to go ! :-) Soon ! Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick, my name is Graham Vincent. I am currently working for a clinical company making software for the NHS but I am looking for a project to sink my teeth into involving new technologies and this looks really interesting. Although I don’t use it at work, I'm coming from a PHP background and also have strong front end (DHTML, JavaScript) skills, which I do use at work, along with CACHE (InterSystems).

    Where can I find out more about the Tesco API and the ideas you have had for it?

    Wish I had known about the TJAM meeting.

    Please contact me at loudsphiers(AT)gmail(DOT)com
    Graham Vincent

    ReplyDelete

As this blog grows in readership - and because it carries the Tesco brand - I have had to become more careful about the sort of comments that are acceptable. The good news is that I'm a champion of free speech so please be as praising or as critical as you wish! The only comments I DON'T allow through are:

1. Comments which criticise an individual other than myself, or are critical of an organisation other than Tesco. This is simply because they cannot defend themselves so is unfair and possibly libellous. Comments about some aspect of Tesco being better/worse than another equivalent organisation are allowed as long as you start by saying "in my personal opinion.." or "I think that...". ... followed by a "...because.." and some reasoned argument.

2. Comments which are totally unrelated to the context of the original article. If I have written about a mobile app and you start complaining about the price of potatoes then your comment isn't going stay for long!

3. Advertising / web links / spam.

4. Insulting / obscene messages.


Ok, rules done - now it's your go: