Monday 21 June 2010

Spare a fiver for the 2010 British 10K London Run

Listen, dear reader, I haven't asked you for money in the last 18 months so when I do, you know I'm being deadly serious. It's a rare event and I intend to keep it that way.

I'm running the 2010 British 10K London Run on 11 July 2010, and I'm trying to raise £500 (that's US$750 or EU€600) for a charity that is very close to my heart - the Albert Kennedy Trust. They are a small charity that provides supported lodgings, mentoring, information and advice for gay, lesbian and bisexual young people who are homeless, living in a hostile environment or in crisis. Whilst it is crushingly sad that such hostility exists towards gay youngsters from their own families, I find it better to acknowledge the reality of this situation and help them all I can through Albert Kennedy Trust's work.

Please spare £5 or equivalent from your debit or credit card (most worldwide cards accepted) and click here to go to my Justgiving page. If you're reading this article on my blog web page, there is a widget on the right you can click.

I'm practicing hard for the run, nothing half-hearted, so please donate right now and then it's done, with my total thank you for your generosity!

If you want to know more please watch the embedded YouTube video below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As this blog grows in readership - and because it carries the Tesco brand - I have had to become more careful about the sort of comments that are acceptable. The good news is that I'm a champion of free speech so please be as praising or as critical as you wish! The only comments I DON'T allow through are:

1. Comments which criticise an individual other than myself, or are critical of an organisation other than Tesco. This is simply because they cannot defend themselves so is unfair and possibly libellous. Comments about some aspect of Tesco being better/worse than another equivalent organisation are allowed as long as you start by saying "in my personal opinion.." or "I think that...". ... followed by a "...because.." and some reasoned argument.

2. Comments which are totally unrelated to the context of the original article. If I have written about a mobile app and you start complaining about the price of potatoes then your comment isn't going stay for long!

3. Advertising / web links / spam.

4. Insulting / obscene messages.


Ok, rules done - now it's your go: