Saturday 19 March 2011

New version of Tesco Recipes for iPad now live on App Store

The mobile team who created the sumptuous Tesco Recipes for iPad application have just informed me that the new version has gone live on Apple's iTunes App Store. If you have already downloaded this free iPad app before then you'll be prompted to update the application when you enter the App store and look at 'updates'.

You'll recall me being a big fan of this app - partly because of the wonderful photography and partly because it allows me to shop grocery products online thanks to its ability to add the recipe's ingredients to my Tesco.com grocery basket. I am able to think about meal planning rather than have to think about individual products all the time.

The updated version has new content and new features, as well as removing some bugs from the first edition of the application. We've also fully tested it against iPad's new operating system, IOS4.3.


This app makes the iPad perfect for kitchen use (and I can tell you from first hand experience that iPads do survive ingredients being accidentally splattered on them!).


You can tell if your copy of the app has been updated because the photograph of a Christmas pudding has been removed from the start-up/home-page and replaced with the photography below which is frankly just making me hungry. I must find out who does the photography and shake their hand!

2 comments:

  1. Glad the iPad app is finished - now the devs can be drafted in to finish the Android shopping app (remember that?).

    I know you said the Android app would be 'gorgeous' - in SEPTEMBER 2010 - but I'd settle for 'scrubbed up well' and have it right now rather than wait goodness knows how much longer for the pedicure and revitalising lift.

    With Ocado scraping your site, maybe we stand a better chance asking them to incorporate your data in their Android app?

    C'mon, what's the hold up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. +1. Getting very bored with the wait. I've just published an Android app, it's really not that hard.

    ReplyDelete

As this blog grows in readership - and because it carries the Tesco brand - I have had to become more careful about the sort of comments that are acceptable. The good news is that I'm a champion of free speech so please be as praising or as critical as you wish! The only comments I DON'T allow through are:

1. Comments which criticise an individual other than myself, or are critical of an organisation other than Tesco. This is simply because they cannot defend themselves so is unfair and possibly libellous. Comments about some aspect of Tesco being better/worse than another equivalent organisation are allowed as long as you start by saying "in my personal opinion.." or "I think that...". ... followed by a "...because.." and some reasoned argument.

2. Comments which are totally unrelated to the context of the original article. If I have written about a mobile app and you start complaining about the price of potatoes then your comment isn't going stay for long!

3. Advertising / web links / spam.

4. Insulting / obscene messages.


Ok, rules done - now it's your go: