Tuesday 2 November 2010

Applications open to join the Tesco Freeview Broadcast experiment

If you would like to join Tesco.com R&D in testing content and applications we'll be sending to 'Channel Zero'-enabled Freeview boxes, then please apply below.

You may also optionally apply to receive one of 20 Technika Freeview HD set-top boxes that the Tesco Electricals team have kindly given me to hand out as part of the experiment and which you can keep for free afterwards. I'll offer them out BUT I want each box pointing to a different transmitter so experimenters receiving the box will be spread around the UK. You must apply to join the experiment before 11:59pm on 14th November 2010 if you wish to try and receive one of the set-top boxes.

For more info and to apply, go to my secure (but geeky and functional rather than beautiful) web form on our techfortesco.com R&D server: http://www.techfortesco.com/freeview  - all I need is your name, postcode and email address to contact you on.

Anyone inside or outside of Tesco can apply to join the experiment, as long as you get a good Freeview signal from a main service TV transmitter (not a relay). See my original article for more info.



No comments:

Post a Comment

As this blog grows in readership - and because it carries the Tesco brand - I have had to become more careful about the sort of comments that are acceptable. The good news is that I'm a champion of free speech so please be as praising or as critical as you wish! The only comments I DON'T allow through are:

1. Comments which criticise an individual other than myself, or are critical of an organisation other than Tesco. This is simply because they cannot defend themselves so is unfair and possibly libellous. Comments about some aspect of Tesco being better/worse than another equivalent organisation are allowed as long as you start by saying "in my personal opinion.." or "I think that...". ... followed by a "...because.." and some reasoned argument.

2. Comments which are totally unrelated to the context of the original article. If I have written about a mobile app and you start complaining about the price of potatoes then your comment isn't going stay for long!

3. Advertising / web links / spam.

4. Insulting / obscene messages.


Ok, rules done - now it's your go: