Wednesday 13 October 2010

Thanks to you my 10K run raised £596.92

Justgiving have just emailed me to say that they have now closed the page of donations made for my reecnt 10K run in London.

Techfortesco readers donated nearly half the money raised so thank you very much for your generosity alongside viewers of London Landscape TV who raised the other half (thank you all!).

I just wanted to let you know, with your help I was able to raise £525.00 for my recent London 10K run on behalf of Albert Kennedy Trust, with an extra £71.92 in Gift Aid giving a total of £596.92

All the money you paid has now been sent to Albert Kennedy Trust so that they can continue to help with lesbian and gay youngsters rejected by their families because of their sexual orientation. Given the recent spate of suicides by gay teenagers in recent weeks, their work is needed more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As this blog grows in readership - and because it carries the Tesco brand - I have had to become more careful about the sort of comments that are acceptable. The good news is that I'm a champion of free speech so please be as praising or as critical as you wish! The only comments I DON'T allow through are:

1. Comments which criticise an individual other than myself, or are critical of an organisation other than Tesco. This is simply because they cannot defend themselves so is unfair and possibly libellous. Comments about some aspect of Tesco being better/worse than another equivalent organisation are allowed as long as you start by saying "in my personal opinion.." or "I think that...". ... followed by a "...because.." and some reasoned argument.

2. Comments which are totally unrelated to the context of the original article. If I have written about a mobile app and you start complaining about the price of potatoes then your comment isn't going stay for long!

3. Advertising / web links / spam.

4. Insulting / obscene messages.


Ok, rules done - now it's your go: